Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Chaos Realm!!!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Multiquote
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Kancolle [Kantai Collection] - Naval War
Topic Started: Jan 29 2015, 05:25 PM (10,469 Views)
The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kantai Collection - Naval War
Posted ImagePosted Image
Map Title: Kantai Collection - Naval War
Genre: Action/Strategy/AOS/Defense/FFA/Arena
Players: 2-10
Suggested Players: Kancolle Fans / General Fans of this Genre
Additional Info: Based of the web game "Kantai Collection" or "Kancolle" for short
Short Description (Placeholder till i get a clean idea):
A WC3 Map based around the online web-game "Kantai Collection" or Kancolle for short, the game will have Three modes which are currently are loose ideas, Battle (Which is a FFA based in a small area of the map sectioned off), Abyssal Defensive (Basically a Hero Defense, protect the naval yard from Abyssal invasion) and Naval War, which is still not exactly planned but is going to be along the lines of a AOS style but much less lane based and more everywhere is a battle
Map Status: Under DevelopmentEstimate Percentage Completion of V0.1:

Models: 40%

Ship-Girls: 10%

Spells: 18%

Items: 0%

Terrain: 8%

Naval Sortie (FFA) System: 0%

Abyssal Assault (Defense) System: 0%

Naval War System: 0%

Overall %: ~9.5%
Previews:

Naval Base Terrain Start:

Posted Image

Videos:

Destroyer Spells Preview:

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQWQnv1TDM[/utube]

Base Mechanics:
A WC3 Map based around the online web-game “Kantai Collection” or Kancolle for short, the game will have Three modes which are currently are loose ideas, Battle (Which is a FFA based in a small area of the map sectioned off), Abyssal Defensive (Basically a Hero Defense, protect the naval yard from Abyssal invasion) and Naval War, which is still not exactly planned but is going to be along the lines of a AOS style but much less lane based and more everywhere is a battle

Ok, so to be a little more specific with the mechanics:

First up, all ships of each class will have the same BASE abilities, like cannons or torpedoes:

Cannons: They will have a Specific AOE in which the shot can hit in, it randomly hit within that AOE and the shot will have it’s own AOE smaller than the target AOE, reproducing inaccuracy in game, the ships attacks will have different types e.g. Destroyers will have 2 shots with slow damage with smaller AOE but less inaccuracy whilst Battleships will have a single shot with a larger AOE but a larger Miss range, damage is larger as well

//Item modifications//

This is, for example, you have a AP Shell equipped, your attacks will have a different damage type but have a slightly wider missing range, however equipping a Radar which can also increase your LOS (Which will increase the distance you see in to the FOW, will also decrease your missing range

Torpedos: Not much difference between ships with these, planned so far the only difference is Impact and travelling distance along with damage, however Torpedo Cruisers will have a faster Torpedo Speed

Anti-Air Mechanics:

Planes: This is obviously going to be a major mechanic, CV’s along with Battleships, Light/Heavy cruisers can launch Seaplanes etc for scouting, they will travel to and back from the targeted point revealing the area

Next up is CV exclusive, AA Planes will rotate around the caster attacking any incoming planes to protect the user, different equipped planes can increase attack speed or damage

Bombers/Torpedo bombers will travel to the destination and drop the bombs, simple as that, unless they get destroyed of course

Another thing to add is all ships that are capable of it will have an AA Spell which fires their AA Cannons, dealing damage to the planes in the skies arund them, once again varying on equipment

Note once again that this is merely a plan and i have an idea how to implement it, things are subject to change though

Long Description
A WC3 Mod based on the popular japanese game by Kadokawa
Kantai collection - Naval War
This mod will be an incredibly ambitious mod with large amounts of systems that will affect gameplay, using the basic top down style there will be different aims depending on the mode you are playing, the three modes Naval Practice, Abyssal Offence and Naval War will provide a nice varied style of gameplay for everyone
Naval Practice - This is the simplest mode that exists, in it the player will be given a choice from a variety of maps for the two teams to compete in, within the maps they will go through round based matches will a variety of objectives such as Capture the Buoys, Defeat the enemy Flagship, Destroy the enemies objective and so forth
Abyssal Offence - This is a straight up wave defense mode, the players have to work together (Up to 10 players) in order to protect the naval base from enemy abyssal ships as they approach, there will be deployable turrets and such to assist in this objective
Naval War - The aim of this map is a full scale campaign, you will start at the Naval base with many Abyssal bases covering the map, each side has a set amount of resources, the Abyssals will use theirs deploying fleets to attack your base whilst you will use yours setting up defense systems or buying items, resources can also be obtained by doing Expedition quests and attacking ENEMY transport fleets which will regularly travel between enemy bases (This will also DECREASE the enemies resources), the aim of this is to procedurally work together to destroy all of the different types of abyssal bases to win, draining them of their resources will render them unable to use fleets and so you can perform an offensive
The Skill system within this map will also be unique, Ship classes will have the same base skills as each-other however they will have unique special skill and passives that can change how they play, items that can be bought will also change the skills in terms of damage, range, accuracy and effects
An aerial combat system is also in place though it's simple so it's not hard to grasp, The plane will auto attack each-other when they pass by, however the most important aspect is the Air Superiority system that will cause ships to take more or less damage depending on the amount of planes in the air

Attached to this post:
Attachments: KCNWLogoSmaller.png (899.86 KB)
Edited by The10th-x, Apr 17 2015, 03:46 PM.
Map Author Status: Jumping ahead bit by bit

Click here to view my current project: Kantai Collection - Naval War
Posted Image
Online Profile

EbonyStallion
Member Avatar
Lich King Level 10
do you get to service the admiral in this map
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
EbonyStallion
Jan 29 2015, 06:17 PM
100% will include

Posted Image
Online Profile

EbonyStallion
Member Avatar
Lich King Level 10
The10th-x
Jan 29 2015, 06:18 PM
EbonyStallion
Jan 29 2015, 06:17 PM
100% will include
100% will play
Offline Profile

Dotplusocnma
No Avatar
Mountain Giant
[ * ]
However! Gotta support a Kancolle Mod!
Offline Profile

GreatVengeance
Member Avatar

a very interesting and pretty original idea! I wish you good luck with it!
http://www.ninjaavenger.com/
[utube]https://youtu.be/-0yuPu5fY8E[/utube]
Offline Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
So i've made 2 basic destroyer spells and will be uploading a video of them later, well i'm leaving them on upload whilst i'm at work i mean xD, they're MUI so they took more effort than usual but it's going to include some advanced mechanics which i will explain when i upload

Posted Image
Online Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQWQnv1TDM&feature=youtu.be[/utube]

Torpedo - Simple, Level Increases Damage and Movement speed, Items can change the damage, add secondary effects, increase the MS etc

Basic Turrets - AOE Aim decreases per level, Turrets can change the damage, Accuracy, Explosion AOE and Damage Type

Added this to the first post as well, 1080p and glorious 60 fps!
Edited by The10th-x, Feb 5 2015, 12:42 AM.

Posted Image
Online Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Updated the first post with a nice tabled and color coded format, Added a random preview of the naval base terrain, no doodads yet ofc

Posted Image
Online Profile

Trollzor
Member Avatar
Crypt Lord Level 2
[ *  * ]
http://citrusmoothie.tumblr.com/kantai

found various kantai models here, If you know how to convert PMD\PMX to MDX format. Not to brag but, I know how to do that :))

Hope this helps you tho
Edited by Trollzor, Feb 7 2015, 03:44 PM.
Posted ImageLove traditional art? Then You've got to see this!: http://lordtrollzorsenpaii.deviantart.com/

Tumblr: watashiwakikendesu.tumblr.com

Posted Image

Violence is no solution, but an option.

Posted Image

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001974735056 <MAH FB

Offline Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Trollzor
Feb 7 2015, 03:42 PM
http://citrusmoothie.tumblr.com/kantai

found various kantai models here, If you know how to convert PMD\PMX to MDX format. Not to brag but, I know how to do that :))

Hope this helps you tho
Yeah i do to ._. in fact i tried it before

But anyway i'll keep that link bookmarked and i'll take a look in case i really need a model, filesize is still a massive problem there though

Posted Image
Online Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Posted Image
current progress of the naval base terrain, first time making use of lighting here~

Posted Image
Online Profile

EbonyStallion
Member Avatar
Lich King Level 10
Damn, that's looking nice.
Offline Profile

andreariona
Member Avatar
Retired Empress
Nice looking one!
Posted Image

Animation WIP
Offline Profile

Zeiadn
Member Avatar
Captain Obvious
[ * ]
Goodluck noodle.. i have no idea why am i even commenting over here.
Posted Image
Offline Profile

EbonyStallion
Member Avatar
Lich King Level 10
Zeiadn
Feb 11 2015, 07:43 PM
Goodluck noodle.. i have no idea why am i even commenting over here.
You're not allowed to show your face here, zeinoob
Offline Profile

Zeiadn
Member Avatar
Captain Obvious
[ * ]
^begone out of my sight,pleb bony.
Posted Image
Offline Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Gonna be starting on Kongou's/Battleships skills tommorow

Posted Image
Edited by The10th-x, Feb 12 2015, 01:12 AM.

Posted Image
Online Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Posted Image

Making the LS, this is pretty close to the final one

[utube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVksBX8g_k&feature=youtu.be[/utube]

and here's a quick update

Posted Image
Online Profile

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Added LS and description of base mechanics to the first post

Posted Image
Online Profile

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dropped Projects · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

War3 Modding

Blizzard Modding

Other Games

Community

MARKET
Models & Skins
Spells
Ongoing Contests
Hosted Projects
World of Warcraft
Starcraft 2
Diablo III
Heroes of the Storm
Dota 2
League of Legends
Members
Awards
Introductions
Contact

Copyright © 2011-2015 Chaos Realm. A project initiated by Bogdan Radu.