Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Chaos Realm!!!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Multiquote
Add Reply
Ragnarok AODV Demo; [ti][img]http://i.imgur.com/IZ5G89o.jpg[/img][/ti]
Topic Started: Feb 8 2015, 02:43 PM (1,443 Views)
KamenRiderKiva66
Member Avatar
Masked Rider Guy
[ *  * ]
Ragnarok - Age of Dark Valhalla

Story

The whole world is in now in chaos, all cities had been turn into ruins due to powerful monsters that invade and left with few survivors. No one can defeat the Dark Valhalla, who rises from her slumber and turn the whole world under her command. Heroes of the Past who sealed Dark Valhalla were reborn with no memories of their past and they are destined to once again fight and defeat her.

Map Details:

A single player or co-op RPG map with Ragnarok Online theme and still have the job system, where players are able to change jobs once they meet the requirements.

Area Available:
Here's what the current areas existing in this map:

Cities/Towns:
Prontera City
Izlude City

Fields:
Geffen Field
Prontera Forest
Morroc Desert

Dungeon:
Prontera Culvert

Job Classes:

Are the types of jobs that players chooses from. (Since this is a demo version map, 1st job are only available)

Novice
Spoiler: click to toggle

- is a freelance job from the beginning of the game and players are able to choose their prefer jobs once they reach Level 10.

1st Job Class:

Swordsman

- strong at melee attack and they can only equip swords and usually can be a tanker in game.

Acolyte

- weak at melee attack and only equip mace, they can support their allies by healing or buffs.

Mage

- weak at melee attack and only equip wands or rods, they rely on magic/skill attacks.

Archer

- good at ranged attack and only equip bows and bowguns, they could also deal massive arrow shots at distance.

Thief

- moderate at melee attack and only equip daggers, speed is what matters here and they could deal critical damage.

Merchant

- strong at melee attack but weak on defense and only equip axe.

*Further job classes will be on the Quest Menu, just read it.*

Game Modes:

PVP Mode - Players can also fight each other anywhere, think of it as a sparring since there's no bonus or anything even if one player wins.

In-Game Screenshots:

All infos and credits are in Quest Menu when In-game.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Ragnarok_AODV_Demo.w3x (4.14 MB)
Edited by KamenRiderKiva66, Feb 8 2015, 03:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post

Golden Egg
Member Avatar
Chronicles of Anime Founder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow its so fast.... I might try it later... btw on the screenshot, I noticed that the shadow is so big.. you can try making it smaller :) your characters are cute.... I hope you can help me with some "head" model lol...
Edited by Golden Egg, Feb 8 2015, 02:46 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

KamenRiderKiva66
Member Avatar
Masked Rider Guy
[ *  * ]
Golden Egg
Feb 8 2015, 02:45 PM
Wow its so fast.... I might try it later... btw on the screenshot, I noticed that the shadow is so big.. you can try making it smaller :) your characters are cute.... I hope you can help me with some "head" model lol...
If I have a time for it.

Golden Egg
Member Avatar
Chronicles of Anime Founder
hahahah thanks :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Shuffle Bot
Member Avatar
Locking and Shuffling!
[ * ]
Seriously trying this now!
like Fairy Tail the Ultimate Wizard of all in FB
https://www.facebook.com/FairyTailTheUltimateWizardsOfAll
like my upcoming project Virtual Crash Online
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virtual-Crash-Online/1581584062054138?ref=hl
Posted Image

andreariona
Member Avatar
Retired Empress
Grats for the demo release! em_coolGuy
Posted Image

Animation WIP

Gwapogi
Member Avatar

A poring just killed me after 3 hits. Aren't they a little overpowered? :(
Posted Image
Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | deviantART | Chaos Blog | Animation Classroom
Join us at Proudly Pinoy! - Filipino Group -

KamenRiderKiva66
Member Avatar
Masked Rider Guy
[ *  * ]
Gwapogi
Feb 8 2015, 05:38 PM
A poring just killed me after 3 hits. Aren't they a little overpowered? :(
Hm? I had no problem with them, they're just fine. Did you upgrade your stats at Kafra (I'm sure, she's just at the middle of Prontera Townsquare) ? For Novice, focus on Strength then Basic Skills and don't forget to buy Red Potions. I hope that helps. QQ_perv

Edit: I found out that First Aid is kinda useless so I'll just have to tweak it at next version.
Edited by KamenRiderKiva66, Feb 8 2015, 06:25 PM.

Gwapogi
Member Avatar

Oh? I still need to do that? Haha! Like the original game, e? :grin:

Here's one report/suggestion from me then. You should add a notification to tell us to upgrade our stats first. Or you can also add it in the dialog of the Kafra when choosing your gender.
You can even make it the first quest. "Get your free trainee weapons and Upgrade stats" or something like that. :smile:
Posted Image

KamenRiderKiva66
Member Avatar
Masked Rider Guy
[ *  * ]
Gwapogi
Feb 8 2015, 06:22 PM
Oh? I still need to do that? Haha! Like the original game, e? :grin:

Here's one report/suggestion from me then. You should add a notification to tell us to upgrade our stats first. Or you can also add it in the dialog of the Kafra when choosing your gender.
You can even make it the first quest. "Get your free trainee weapons and Upgrade stats" or something like that. :smile:
Yes, it's like the original game and for intro, yeah I forgot to type that. Anyway that will be included in Main Quest for next version. Since this is demo version and only had a repeating quest for now. QQ_D

Shuffle Bot
Member Avatar
Locking and Shuffling!
[ * ]
Well It took me 30 mins last night to reach lvl 10 decided to choose thies.. Its cool cause he has Double damage. And yes a poring is too powerful.. but when they get killes they give a huge amount of xp so its fine.. The only problem though is the terrain and doodads.. Just a suggestion you could use the Morecitybuilding.mdl hidden moodels in wc3.. They look more warcraft like.. LOL.. Im conitnuing my play for later.. Also upgrade the terrain a lil bit.. add shiny stuffs there. HAHA. anyways good job KRK!!
Posted Image

KamenRiderKiva66
Member Avatar
Masked Rider Guy
[ *  * ]
Shuffle Bot
Feb 9 2015, 03:20 PM
Well It took me 30 mins last night to reach lvl 10 decided to choose thies.. Its cool cause he has Double damage. And yes a poring is too powerful.. but when they get killes they give a huge amount of xp so its fine.. The only problem though is the terrain and doodads.. Just a suggestion you could use the Morecitybuilding.mdl hidden moodels in wc3.. They look more warcraft like.. LOL.. Im conitnuing my play for later.. Also upgrade the terrain a lil bit.. add shiny stuffs there. HAHA. anyways good job KRK!!
Nah..Those buildings and terrain look fine to me, cause I want it simple and clean. And what's the shiny stuff? Anyway, doing GUI triggers and 3D modeling + re-attaching vertices to bone + little tweaks on animations alone is time-consuming already that I just leave terrains and doodads alone and wouldn't touch it. Thanks for suggestions then. QQ_D

GreatVengeance
Member Avatar

Well done mate!
Moved to its private section. looking forward for the FULL version lol
http://www.ninjaavenger.com/
[utube]https://youtu.be/-0yuPu5fY8E[/utube]

Shuffle Bot
Member Avatar
Locking and Shuffling!
[ * ]
Yeah me too.. I'd really like to play as a champion. haha.. Yeah as long as models look badaass and the same then I guess thats cool.. LOL.. BTW!!! what we need is BACKGOUND MUSICCC!
Edited by Shuffle Bot, Feb 9 2015, 05:10 PM.
Posted Image

KamenRiderKiva66
Member Avatar
Masked Rider Guy
[ *  * ]
Woot! I have a private section now.

@Shuffle: Lol, then you have to revert yourself again into Novice since I'm still following the original game. XD

EbonyStallion
Member Avatar
Lich King Level 10
I just played the demo and here's my feedback!

Love the art. Great cartoony chibi style, I noticed the facial features of the models are really HD which is fantastic. Very oldschool RPG feel :p
Shadows are too large as said before, just scale em down :P. Also, Attack ranges are too high. Because you're using chibi models, with the default attack ranges, it looks like they're swinging their tiny swords from 5 feet away and nobody is reaching each other. But of course, both of these are small things with really quick fixes.
You can't go around the fountain in the middle of the town despite there being visible space there. Pathing is taking up the room I guess.
It took me a few minutes too long to figure out how to upgrade skills. I know it's in the F9, but perhaps at the start of the game you can have a message pop up saying to find the Kafra in the middle of the town to upgrade skills.
Overall, regeneration seems to be too low. I spent too much time waiting for my HP and mana to come back even with first aid. I found it easier to die and come back rather than to try and survive.
I love the fact that you threw in a challenge monster in the first area (The green onion dude). Always fun to look foward to killing those.
Overall it was really really fun, I didn't get nearly as far as I would have liked to, but I am totally down to play this game again if I can get some friends together. (I'm sure all of us here could find a time eventually :P)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Haven't tried this yet but it looks fun, i'll give it a go soon
Map Author Status: Jumping ahead bit by bit

Click here to view my current project: Kantai Collection - Naval War
Posted Image

Gwapogi
Member Avatar

Some of the features are still need to be explained. That's where dialogues and screen texts are useful. I suggest you add them. :smile:
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · News and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

War3 Modding

Blizzard Modding

Other Games

Community

MARKET
Models & Skins
Spells
Ongoing Contests
Hosted Projects
World of Warcraft
Starcraft 2
Diablo III
Heroes of the Storm
Dota 2
League of Legends
Members
Awards
Introductions
Contact

Copyright © 2011-2015 Chaos Realm. A project initiated by Bogdan Radu.