Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Chaos Realm!!!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Multiquote
Add Reply
Dbz Uub; Draw shadows on existing textures
Topic Started: Jun 22 2017, 05:17 PM (1,133 Views)
MagaRa
Member Avatar
Dragon Balls Holder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I recently managed to extract Uub model from DBZ Budokai 3, and I really like that model. The problem that I'm having with it is the texture of his skin(chest, arms, head not his uniform). It is the usual problem with how light works in wc3. When I leave model with its shadows it looks like this:

Posted Image

So I usually leave model Unshaded and in this case, it looks like this:

Posted Image

Now, I replaced his pants with the ones from DBO which have their shadows drawn, so they look good Unshaded, I'm also satisfied with his costume, but I was wondering if any of you guys can draw shadows on his skin textures like it was drawn on his pants from DBO.

I'll leave texture from DBO that could be used as a reference if anyone decides to try to draw shadows on his skin.
Here it is:

Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1.jpg (40.95 KB)
Attachments: 2.jpg (50.92 KB)
Attachments: Uub.rar (466.16 KB)
Attachments: Example_of_drawn_texture.png (125 KB)
Edited by MagaRa, Jun 22 2017, 06:19 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post

Marek
Member Avatar
Deus ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
So here is my first attempt, since they are different styles of art I tried to keep the shading workable for this model.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: ub.rar (92.42 KB)
Attachments: UUB2.png (94.52 KB)
Posted Image

MagaRa
Member Avatar
Dragon Balls Holder
Thanks, friend! It's great!

I'll rip some rare models from these games, and if I can I'll combine them with DBO models because of these texture issues.

I'll try to animate Uub when I finish some Digimon models that are in works.

P.S.
I'm not sure how animations will turn out since I didn't animate martial artists before.
Edited by MagaRa, Jun 22 2017, 11:38 PM.

Marek
Member Avatar
Deus ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
Heck it was nothing em_sorry , always willing to help here. Personally though, I like fat Buu way more than Uub. Enough lore... I struggle with animating, especially fingers, so I can only imagine doing Uub. If you use Youtube to help animate, please stay away from DB Super (unclean). One day in the future, if you are up for it, we should do a DB project (no DBZ, GT or DBS).
Edited by Marek, Jun 23 2017, 04:26 AM.
Posted Image

MagaRa
Member Avatar
Dragon Balls Holder
Marek
Jun 23 2017, 04:23 AM
Heck it was nothing em_sorry , always willing to help here. Personally, though, I like fat Buu way more than Uub. Enough lore... I struggle with animating, especially fingers, so I can only imagine doing Uub. If you use Youtube to help animate, please stay away from DB Super (unclean). One day in the future, if you are up for it, we should do a DB project (no DBZ, GT or DBS).
I like Fat Buu also, but with Uub, I like that he is a human kid that could be stronger than Saiyans.

About that DB project - I'm always up for it! I always wanted a DB map, not DBZ. There are parts of GT that I like more than DBZ!
The only problem is my free time, but we could do it slowly then. Maybe, once I finish Digimon models, there are 38 left...

P.S.
We have so many DB models that project would be awesome! We could make it funny, with a lot of gags and that characteristic DB humor that was lost in DBZ. Even game mechanics could be a lot of fun like Oolong transforming into a Robot to scare off a creep etc.
Enough of this, I'm never gonna stop now!
Edited by MagaRa, Jun 23 2017, 09:42 AM.

Marek
Member Avatar
Deus ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

I like Fat Buu also, but with Uub, I like that he is a human kid that could be stronger than Saiyans.

About that DB project - I'm always up for it! I always wanted a DB map, not DBZ. There are parts of GT that I like more than DBZ!
The only problem is my free time, but we could do it slowly then. Maybe, once I finish Digimon models, there are 38 left...

P.S.
We have so many DB models that project would be awesome! We could make it funny, with a lot of gags and that characteristic DB humor that was lost in DBZ. Even game mechanics could be a lot of fun like Oolong transforming into a Robot to scare off a creep etc.

I just want to point out the Buu and Mr. Satan stuff, were my favorite DBZ episodes (crowds cheering Satan, come on). I stopped liking DBZ half way through the Namek series. Watching a 15-20 minute show, where 5-8 minutes are power ups and talking how bad ass a character was made me change the channel. Although, I did like the Cell series. GT is cool, got to see super old pilaf and they brought more of the humor back.

With DB though, it was something special. I'm not going to get into why its my favorite outside of these 3 things: Drunk kid Goku peeing on someone, Jackie Chan, Oolong and his many underage wives. If I watch that show drinking milk, it'll come out my nose.

You and I both have a lot of things going on, so we'd have to go at a creep with things. But yes, I am so down to do it. Humor+Gags and OMG world tournaments. Yamancha not being emo, Roshi & Krillin perving out, and all that. I would play that game, so I am down to make that!
Posted Image

MagaRa
Member Avatar
Dragon Balls Holder
Marek
Jun 23 2017, 05:26 PM
Quote:

P.S.

I just want to point out the Buu and Mr. Satan stuff, were my favorite DBZ episodes (crowds cheering Satan, come on). I stopped liking DBZ half way through the Namek series. Watching a 15-20 minute show, where 5-8 minutes are power ups and talking how bad ass a character was made me change the channel. Although, I did like the Cell series. GT is cool, got to see super old pilaf and they brought more of the humor back.

With DB though, it was something special. I'm not going to get into why its my favorite outside of these 3 things: Drunk kid Goku peeing on someone, Jackie Chan, Oolong and his many underage wives. If I watch that show drinking milk, it'll come out my nose.

You and I both have a lot of things going on, so we'd have to go at a creep with things. But yes, I am so down to do it. Humor+Gags and OMG world tournaments. Yamancha not being emo, Roshi & Krillin perving out, and all that. I would play that game, so I am down to make that!
DB was a well-written gag fighting show and DBZ was fight fight fight and nothing else. Best moments from DBZ are Piccolo and Goku learning to drive cars, or when Piccolo trained Gohan and he(Gohan) turned into giant ape while watching the moon - Piccolo's solution was to blow up moon QQ_cry QQ_D QQ_cry

DB was so great, so many memorable scenes. Kirilin and Goku searching for a hot girl so Master Roshi would train them and they find Lunch, Yamcha being afraid of girls to the fact that he can't fight when he sees them. Villains like Monster Carrot(who turn people into carrots when he touches them), Man-Wolf, a Werewolf who turns into a man when it's full moon(maybe he's a Wereman QQ_D ), Pilaf who manages to summon a dragon only for Oolong to steal his wish, asking panties from Shenron... So many great episodes!

The best fight and reasoning or tactic is when Yamcha fought Invisible man at Fortuneteller Baba's place. Just watch that episode!
Edited by MagaRa, Jun 23 2017, 10:05 PM.

Marek
Member Avatar
Deus ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

DB was a well-written gag fighting show and DBZ was fight fight fight and nothing else. Best moments from DBZ are Piccolo and Goku learning to drive cars, or when Piccolo trained Gohan and he(Gohan) turned into giant ape while watching the moon - Piccolo's solution was to blow up moon QQ_cry QQ_D QQ_cry

DB was so great, so many memorable scenes. Kirilin and Goku searching for a hot girl so Master Roshi would train them and they find Lunch, Yamcha being afraid of girls to the fact that he can't fight when he sees them. Villains like Monster Carrot(who turn people into carrots when he touches them), Man-Wolf, a Werewolf who turns into a man when it's full moon(maybe he's a Wereman QQ_D ), Pilaf who manages to summon a dragon only for Oolong to steal his wish, asking panties from Shenron... So many great episodes!

The best fight and reasoning or tactic is when Yamcha fought Invisible man at Fortuneteller Baba's place. Just watch that episode!

Now you got me going! :evil-laugh: So all us DB fans know the great difference in quality between DB, DBZ, DBGT and now DBS. DB basically started off as an homage to "Journey West", Goku being a re-telling of the Monkey King. Started as manga and while still doing the manga the show was born. It was the 80's and PG-13 was a lot more relaxed than now, especially in Japan, come on naked Goku with a little ping-a-ling. Anyways, like you said it was well written. When you are writing a graphic novel series in Japan, authors tend to build the environment for the reader. Spending time on scenery and dialogue, which translated well into the show. Also the fact that while being a success, the show still didn't have any expectations to be something other than what was put out. Hard to explain, but that's where I think DBZ spiraled.

The bad guys had to be tougher, to the point of being able to destroy worlds and they just got stronger. The same story arch would play with each series... Goku would, in some way, not be able to outright challenge the main bad guy until he trained/recovered to be strong enough. The other heroes would try their best, even the mighty Vegeta, would all lose until Goku saved the day. Freeza dead, repeat the same type of story until GT. Granted there was some very funny and great stuff in-between (Yajirobe, fake Namek, Gohan & Mercenary Tao, Mr. Satan and his trainees, Buu turns people into chocolate & candy, so much more). It just wasn't the same quality, sorry DBZ fans, take it from someone who is older than DBZ.

Any hoot, rants aside, MagaRa this is a start of something I really can put all my weight behind. Granted we have a lot of things to finish, real world stuff and other things before we can even sit down and truly put something out. But, when we do... I'm going to have a ball, a dragon ball em_sorry

Posted Image

ebisux
No Avatar
Peon
[ * ]
Hey, I have a lot of experience mapmaking, efficient coding/terrain/ most parts of the editor. I am currently working on a fun DBZ map. I didn't really watch most of DB but I think one of the issues with DB, is that when I host my alpha on battle.net, many people join my game and are familiar with the characters and the villans. There are alot fewer people who would recognize people from DB.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Graphic Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply

War3 Modding

Blizzard Modding

Other Games

Community

MARKET
Models & Skins
Spells
Ongoing Contests
Hosted Projects
World of Warcraft
Starcraft 2
Diablo III
Heroes of the Storm
Dota 2
League of Legends
Members
Awards
Introductions
Contact

Copyright © 2011-2015 Chaos Realm. A project initiated by Bogdan Radu.