Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Chaos Realm!!!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote Multiquote
Add Reply
  • Pages:
"1.28 Patch Download" Question
Topic Started: Oct 28 2017, 05:39 AM (773 Views)
Uoyalz
Member Avatar
BladeMaster Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Can someone tell me where do you download this elusive patch?
Been searching it for a while now, but I can seem to find a download link for it.
Edited by Uoyalz, Oct 28 2017, 05:40 AM.
My Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/UoyalzCoA
My CoA Blog: http://uoyalz.blogspot.my
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post

MagaRa
Member Avatar
Dragon Balls Holder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure about this but I believe that Blizzard has changed the way updating works. I think that updates in wc3 is updated now through Battle.net launcher.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Unryze
Member Avatar

A HUGE suggestion, DO NOT update to 1.28 or anything higher than 1.27a (better even stay on 1.26a). You will truly regret it.
My Map Topic:http://chaosrealm.info/topic/10567032/
Official Map Site::http://vendew.info
Garena: Unryze
Anime Character Fight and BvO Another Map Maker

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have no problems with 1.28 /shrug, the thing is that most platforms don't support it yet and tools etc

But yeah it needs to be done through battle.net since it's not just a new patch it's a integration in to blizzards app
Map Author Status: Jumping ahead bit by bit

Click here to view my current project: Kantai Collection - Naval War
Posted Image

Tal
No Avatar
Grunt
[ * ]
Staying below 1.28 will leave your computer at serious risk as well your identity and information. Try to update as soon as possible, some unofficial servers might have the patch now. Unsure however I think eurobattlenet might have it.

Unryze
Member Avatar

Tal
Oct 28 2017, 02:28 PM
Staying below 1.28 will leave your computer at serious risk as well your identity and information. Try to update as soon as possible, some unofficial servers might have the patch now. Unsure however I think eurobattlenet might have it.
What the actual hell you are talking about? Who brainwashed you? There is no risk at all, unless you are exposing your information yourself, please do not write make up stories to justify the much worse patches.
The10th-x
Oct 28 2017, 02:26 PM
I have no problems with 1.28 /shrug, the thing is that most platforms don't support it yet and tools etc

But yeah it needs to be done through battle.net since it's not just a new patch it's a integration in to blizzards app
Well, you can google the problems with it, or play as much as some other people did and reported the problems, also you can ask others if you want to. If you do not experience the problems it does not mean they do not exist. And there is a reason why people are upset with the new patch on the official forum. Anyways, to each his own, I guess. But apart from instability, you lose the possibility of using memory hack, a lot of tools and possibility of Blizzard yet again breaking their own code. And so on~
Edited by Unryze, Oct 29 2017, 10:47 AM.

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Unryze
Oct 29 2017, 10:45 AM
Tal
Oct 28 2017, 02:28 PM
What the actual hell you are talking about? Who brainwashed you? There is no risk at all, unless you are exposing your information yourself, please do not write make up stories to justify the much worse patches.
The10th-x
Oct 28 2017, 02:26 PM

Well, you can google the problems with it, or play as much as some other people did and reported the problems, also you can ask others if you want to. If you do not experience the problems it does not mean they do not exist. And there is a reason why people are upset with the new patch on the official forum. Anyways, to each his own, I guess. But apart from instability, you lose the possibility of using memory hack, a lot of tools and possibility of Blizzard yet again breaking their own code. And so on~
Chill i never said they don't exist.

I'm saying in general use using WE and WEE I've experienced next to no problems, so i personally have no problem with the patch.

I've never used memory hack personally nor do i use any tools other than WEE which was made for 1.28 so, yeah.

Posted Image

Unryze
Member Avatar

The10th-x
Oct 29 2017, 04:32 PM
Chill i never said they don't exist.

I'm saying in general use using WE and WEE I've experienced next to no problems, so i personally have no problem with the patch.

I've never used memory hack personally nor do i use any tools other than WEE which was made for 1.28 so, yeah.
World Editor is not really connected to the issues... and I am chill, just was explaining the whole aspect of the problem. Do not compare WE to in-game problems.

Uoyalz
Member Avatar
BladeMaster Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Unryze
Oct 28 2017, 12:40 PM
A HUGE suggestion, DO NOT update to 1.28 or anything higher than 1.27a (better even stay on 1.26a). You will truly regret it.
I suppose. I have been seeing stuffs like problems with installing patch and whatnots while searching the link, which sounds rather troublesome.

Guess I'll just continue using my ".mix file" method for my map.
Edited by Uoyalz, Oct 30 2017, 04:51 AM.
Posted Image

Tal
No Avatar
Grunt
[ * ]
Unryze

Being a old player has some benefits, knowing about the history of the game is one and there has been past events of nasty stuff when it comes to a bug as great as this. It'll only repeat.
Usually it'll be too late by the time one knows and the users of bugs end up being the last to know.

Unryze

Apparently memory hack can still be used for read-only in latest patches so only half of it is lost if that is right, too bad it ended up being the write access however Blizzard isn't smart enough to make it only able to access their own private folder.

It's entirely up to you and I have no problem with it at all though in my opinion it would be a great decision to include the flaws and risks alongside the benefits, even I was tempted to stay behind patches however sadly it isn't worthwhile, better off using Unity at that rate. The risks will likely be at their highest with China and other similar countries aka private/unofficial servers where WC3 gaming is still big. No brainwashing needed, a read of the latest memory bug/hack library was enough, yeah the patches have been worse however most of it has been resolved and what hasn't been likely shouldn't of been used in the first place. Just look at what you can do and that should be far better then a made up story.

Besides you'll lose more then you'll gain anyways by not staying to latest patch or moving to a better game maker in my opinion. Being able to run and read memory access without restriction and without permission is usage of malware in terms of possibility with what you can do, sure there is a lot of awesome stuff but just as much if not more bad. =(

Since I have no proof/evidence... Only time shall tell, I look forward to seeing the stuff you guys complete. =)
My apologies if I offended anyone, just trying to contribute when I can.

Edited by Tal, Nov 6 2017, 02:04 AM.

Uoyalz
Member Avatar
BladeMaster Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Tal:
You seem to know more about this new patch's details. Can you name a few pros and cons of the new patch compare to the old ones?
Posted Image

Tal
No Avatar
Grunt
[ * ]
Uoyalz
Nov 6 2017, 02:09 AM
@Tal:
You seem to know more about this new patch's details. Can you name a few pros and cons of the new patch compare to the old ones?
The only cons would be losing the ability to write with memory hack/bug and waiting a bit for other players to figure out how to update as well needing to update third party software and potential damaging patches later on.

The pros are ready for later patches, playable on any of the updated platforms, a larger player base, doubtful however rumoured new natives eventually, latency is now 100 without bots on normal/human player hosting, free bots whenever you want to use them for hosting aka ent and mmh, better placed local files and directories for maps and wc3 folders, new or old workarounds yet to be found and potential patches that could benefit your gameplay. The possibility of eventually joining the new battle.net which actually comes with a horrible long list of cons if they don't edit their terms of use.

Overall it is better to stay below 1.27 if you are beyond an advanced user and mapmaker as well have a community of 10+ players around same time you want to game that can switch to your patch easily/fast. In my opinion, currently it is worthwhile to give the latest patches a try and see what's to come.

Uoyalz
Member Avatar
BladeMaster Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tal
Nov 6 2017, 07:35 AM
In my opinion, currently it is worthwhile to give the latest patches a try and see what's to come.
Worthwhile, huh? It's true that I need a wider audience to know about my map too.

Then let me ask a few stuffs.
-Do I have to redo my map from scratch after updating?(Cuz that would suck.)
-Does using the latest patch affect maps that uses custom ".mix" files?(Seeing that my map uses one.)
-Do I really don't need to care about this 8mb limit thingy again? Or is there a catch?
-If I regret using the update, can I just use the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher to switch back?
Posted Image

Unryze
Member Avatar

Tal
Uoyalz
Nov 6 2017, 02:09 AM
@Tal:
The pros are ready for later patches, playable on any of the updated platforms, a larger player base, doubtful however rumoured new natives eventually, latency is now 100 without bots on normal/human player hosting, free bots whenever you want to use them for hosting aka ent and mmh, better placed local files and directories for maps and wc3 folders, new or old workarounds yet to be found and potential patches that could benefit your gameplay. The possibility of eventually joining the new battle.net which actually comes with a horrible long list of cons if they don't edit their terms of use.
Truth to be said, if you compare any platform, but Chinese to the current ones, you don't get more people on any of them, even compared to Garena, there is also playground.ru (still uses 1.27a) and ICCup or RGC (also on 1.26a).

The point is, apart from getting access to already dead to custom map platforms you really gain nothing in return, in fact you lose the said memhack that allows you to expand the possibilities of WC3, and as I said before, on the platform I develop, we will also use 1.26a, but with a lot of changes, such as:

1. Removal of BLP limit of 512x512.
2. Possibility of FPS setting up to 144.
3. For now up to 128 mb maps (soon shall be up to 500MB~1GB)
4. A full fledged anti-hack (blocks all hacks, even those that use flags instead of wc3 addresses and speed hacks).
5. Custom client with additional settings for wc3 (one of them is fps removal).
6. Camera height control without any 3rd party tools (in development).
7. Hosting works via our hostbots (meaning host's internet will not affect the game experience of others and will not give additional advantage to the host).
8. Custom latency setting for the game, up to 10 (can set to below 10, but may be unstable).
9. Custom MMR system with ranks (supported so far only by DOTA, ranks are similar to what you can see in LoL).

The launch is planned for December this year, and I am pretty confident that after we (Me and a friend of mine that used to be a Garena Staff member) release it, all other platforms will become obsolete.

Uoyalz
Nov 6 2017, 10:14 AM
Tal
In my opinion, currently it is worthwhile to give the latest patches a try and see what's to come.
Worthwhile, huh? It's true that I need a wider audience to know about my map too.

-Does using the latest patch affect maps that uses custom ".mix" files?(Seeing that my map uses one.)
-Do I really don't need to care about this 8mb limit thingy again? Or is there a catch?
-If I regret using the update, can I just use the Warcraft 3 Version Switcher to switch back?
1. You won't need to redo anything, but possibly some of the OrderIds (but so far it seems they have reverted this change, which they called a mistake).
2. It won't affect them either, they will load in as they did before.
3. You won't need to care, as long as your map is below 128 MB.
4. Yes, but in some cases you cannot, because the stupid 1.28 changes how WC3 works, it will move maps to documents folder and alter your registry, so as I said, in some cases just using WVS won't work.
Edited by Unryze, Nov 6 2017, 11:16 AM.

Uoyalz
Member Avatar
BladeMaster Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Unryze:
What's this memhack you're talking about?
And what's this platform that you're developing?

Also, wow... you used to be a Garena staff member, huh?
Posted Image

Unryze
Member Avatar

Uoyalz
Nov 7 2017, 02:36 AM
@Unryze:
What's this memhack you're talking about?
And what's this platform that you're developing?

Also, wow... you used to be a Garena staff member, huh?
1. Memhack is direct access to memory (duh ;D), meaning you can intercept what has been loaded and change it with values you want, for example you can change a model of a unit in-game, just the model of it. You can edit Spell info in-game, aka in run-time and etc.
2. As I've said, it's name is Warcis.
3. Not me, but aa friend of mine Venmade, so were Ru.Izomorph and Ru.Ennorath.

Lui
Member Avatar
Grunt
[ * ]
Uoyalz
Tal

I'll just say, if you use Gui there is no need to worry about updating to version 1.28, but I understand that there are problems with the ID of the objects
It is more advisable to use versions 1.26 or 1.27 that are more stable

Tal
No Avatar
Grunt
[ * ]
Lui
Nov 7 2017, 09:21 PM
Uoyalz
Tal

I'll just say, if you use Gui there is no need to worry about updating to version 1.28, but I understand that there are problems with the ID of the objects
1.28.5 So far has been very stable and hopefully it'll only improve, why do you guys think its unstable?

The10th-x
Member Avatar
Forgotten Mod
Tal
Nov 8 2017, 05:06 PM
Lui
Uoyalz
Tal

1.28.5 So far has been very stable and hopefully it'll only improve, why do you guys think its unstable?
It's only because third party tools, methods and such were messed up by this patch, along with some rough initial patches that have been stamped out since them, if you're a vanilla WE user like me and use GUI for basically everything it's fine upgrading

Posted Image

Lui
Member Avatar
Grunt
[ * ]
The10th-x
Nov 8 2017, 08:42 PM
Tal
Nov 8 2017, 05:06 PM
Lui
Uoyalz
Tal

It's only because third party tools, methods and such were messed up by this patch, along with some rough initial patches that have been stamped out since them, if you're a vanilla WE user like me and use GUI for basically everything it's fine upgrading
It is correct what you say The10th-x QQ_D
If you use jass vjass or zinc it is not worth installing the versions greater than 1.28 for now

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sanatorium · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

War3 Modding

Blizzard Modding

Other Games

Community

MARKET
Models & Skins
Spells
Ongoing Contests
Hosted Projects
World of Warcraft
Starcraft 2
Diablo III
Heroes of the Storm
Dota 2
League of Legends
Members
Awards
Introductions
Contact

Copyright © 2011-2015 Chaos Realm. A project initiated by Bogdan Radu.